Fund your future education with a little help from a Parents’ Club Scholarship
WHO RECEIVES PARENTS’ CLUB SCHOLARSHIPS?
Scholarships are awarded based on unmet financial need to students in good academic standing (a minimum GPA of 2.0 is required) with a demonstrated ability to succeed. Applications are given a “blind read” by the Scholarship Committee and scored based on the contents of a three page application and the following attachments:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) confirmation page stating Estimated Expected Family Contribution (EFC),
- A one-page essay relating to the checklist subject
- Two teacher/counselor academic rating forms. Only complete applications will be scored.
Consult with WGHS counselors as needed to return the completed application with all required attachments to Mrs. Cashel in the WGHS Counseling office by February 3, 2017.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE?
The Parents’ Club will award $1,000 scholarships to the top 20 candidates.
WHAT TYPES OF SCHOOLS QUALIFY?
- 4-year Accredited College or University
- Trade School (such as cosmetology school, culinary school and technical/vocational schools)
- Business School
- Junior or Community College
For more information contact WGHS Counseling Department.