November 1, 2017
Anne Koenig, Jenny Weihl, Wendy Tatro, Andy Ortstadt, Sheila Perkins, Ginger Kreuger, Francine Plunkert, Jackie Fields, Jen Sauter, Crystal O’Loughlin, Karen Soracco, Cheryl Haney, Melissa Hayes, Jon Clark
Minutes - Last meeting of the Board: 10.4.17 to be submitted by Jenn Sauter for review. Andy Ortstadt moved to approved the minutes and Sheila Perkins seconded the mortion. Minutes approved.
Executive Board - Chair Report – Ginger
501(c)3 status – The WGSD PTO has filed their paperwork to maintain their (and all of the subgroup organization's’) nonprofit status with about 10 days to spare.
In order to remove ourselves from the WGSD PTO Umbrella there is a cost of close to $900.
ACTION ITEM - Do we want to spend the money to take back the autonomy of the WGHS Parents’ Club from the WGSD PTO?
Motion to approve funds for filing paperwork to regain autonomy from the WGSD PTO group - so moved by Wendy Tatro and Seconded by Crystal O’Laughlin. Discussion as to the pro/con of separation.
Pro - ability to do business without the confusion over FEIN, ability to accept larger corporate donations, ability to ensure that nonprofit status is maintained through the direct action of the organization and not dependent upon an outside and separate organization.
Con - the cost of the action - a one time expense.
Motion approved with no dissention or abstention -
The role of Fundraising/Development Chair has not yet been filled. How can we fill this role?
WGSD Foundation Representative - This role has not been filled. November 8th - 7:00 pm - General Foundation Meeting at Central Office. Can anyone attend and report back in December? no one is available.
WGSD BOE - report: I have been listening to the recorded Board Meetings and have listened to September as well as October as posted so far.
- Clean Audit accepted without comment from the State
- Restructuring of Bonds, Tax Rate Report and rollbacks
- Sandy Wiley reported on plan for hiring a more diverse faculty.
- Denbow reported on the education gap and targeting early learning.
- Community Engagement Meeting 11/5 @ Bread Co.
- Next Meeting 11/13 - Would anyone like to attend and report in Dec? Jackie Fields will try to attend.
Here are some insights into our social media activities.
Facebook - 31 new followers, Likes increased from 757 to 782 in October!, Top reach day was 2,791 people on October 5th, Top post for reach was 2,427 people, Top post for reactions, comments, and shares was 82, Top post clicks was 184.
Tips for Content and Communication Requests
The Communications Committee has a single e-mail distribution list firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this e-mail for any communication requests. Here are some tips to consider when submitting content requests.
Submit content at least 5 days prior to expected date of communication
Include complete information (date, time, location, contact information, graphics, etc.) with your request
Format content as both a pdf. and jpg. file
Include a WGHS Parents Club logo or reference the club website (this excludes content that is only a photo)
Send audience or communications specifications with content (i.e. please send to class of 2019 only or please post to all social media accounts)
- Past Events -
- Parent Teacher Conferences - Spirit Wear from office on both evenings - great idea! We added signage around the building and only needed 2 volunteers! $900 total sales
- Last regular season football game $1100 estimated total sales and move all inventory back to HS
- Ivory Crockett Run - estimated $1200
- Added Championship football game with rally towels/turkey day shirts/lanyards $400 in sales
- Added Championship soccer game with rally towels/blankets/cushions $200
- Event Sales estimated $3800
- Turkey Day 1st round placed for 220 2nd order will be placed 11/6
- We are in need of 2 incoming freshmen parents and 2 outgoing parents to stay on the committee and rotate out. The job requires more than just the 2 people managing it now. This proposed system seemed like the best idea going forward.
- Additional items such as lacrosse style jackets, pop sockets and pj pants are coming in soon.
New Business - ByLaws allow for a majority vote of those present at the meeting to approve/disapprove/table a motion.
Wednesday, December 6th, 2017, WGHS Library 7:00 pm
Adjourn at 7:58pm