Webster Groves High School Parents Club
Minutes- January 10, 2019
- Dr. Matt Irvin, Francine Plunkert, Heather Pinnock, Sheila Burkett, Karen Smith, Jenny Weihl, Lisa Rath, Beth Snyder Parker, Anne Tilly, Spiritwear Chair
- Meeting started at 7:00pm
Minutes of Previous Meeting Oct 11, 2018:
- Motion was entered by Shelia Burkett and seconded by Beth Snyder Parker approving the November 2018 and December 2018 minutes.
- Dr. Irvin discussed preparations in place in anticipation of the upcoming bad weather/snow.
President (Ginger Krueger): (Submitted)
- Incoming Freshman Parent Orientation night is Jan 16 at 7pm. Ginger will attend and speak about the Parents Club and all the wonderful doings.
- We have to set up a Nominating Committee for open positions in 2019-2020.
Treasurer’s Report (Francine Plunkert):
- Motion entered by Beth Snyder Parker to accept the Treasurer reports, and seconded by Lisa Rath. Financials accepted.
- Discussion on the Parents Club financial situation including the projected budget shortfall due to the absence of a major fundraiser to support the 2018-2019 approved budget. Ensuing discussions focused on brainstorming next steps. Numerous attendees stated how they could help from running a small social gathering, soliciting personal requests to parents for donation, social media campaigns, to fundraising telethons.
VP Report (Jackie Fields):
- No formal report this evening.
- No formal reports this evening except Senior Party & Beautification Committee
- Senior Party- Entertainment is confirmed, prizes are moving along and we need a 2020 Rep to guard the prizes during graduation. We also have a plan for post party clean-up. Carla is assisting with this.
- Beautification- We will get going in the Spring 2019 after review by Dr. Irvin. Tentative plan is to have native shrubs, bushes & trees.
Next Meeting: February 12, 2019. We will have a speaker presenting on the topic of Teen Depression & Anxiety.
Meeting adjourned at approximately 7:40 pm.